Sunday, May 13, 2012

ART OF LOVE


 
This set of poems had an interesting sense of humor. They were blunt and to the point. Yet there were a lot of quotes I found to be true. He states that love is hard work and it’s not going to be easy. The very first statement says “Every lover’s on active service, my friend, active service, believe me.” I also think it is funny how he compares a lover to a soldier in the military. I think that’s cute though because someone truly in love will do anything for their beloved just like a soldier would do anything for their country. He talks about how only a soldier and a lover would put up with freezing weather, nights, rain snow, sleet and any type of bad weather.  Love Just like war he says “takes guts and initiative.”  I find this to be true. I’ve never really experienced being in love but even telling a guy I like him takes a ton of guts. The last quote I really liked said “if you want a cure for slackness, fall in love!” I mentioned this quote to my mother and she said that my dad was a prime example of it. Before their marriage he was very lazy and was not motivated to do anything, after he was married he did everything to my mother and to this day he still does.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment