Thursday, May 24, 2012

SONNET XI



I found this poem to be very interesting because of how well the writer of this poem knows his lover. He describes her perfectly, and he is very descriptive about how bad he wants to be with her. At first I thought it was kind of creepy because of how well he knew her. Then I looked at it from a different perspective, maybe they have been in love for a long time and he hasn’t seen her in forever. This reminds me of my grandparents. One day I was talking to my cute German grandpa, who’s been married for almost 50 years, and we got on to the subject of my grandma. Automatically his face lit up when we started talking about her. I continued to ask more questions about my grandma and he answered every question perfectly. I feel like they are such a cute couple, and the bond of love that is shared between them it unbreakable. 






No comments:

Post a Comment